Announcements - View All
- Glen Paine: 20 Years at the Helm!
- TST Corporation Employees Successfully Complete Coast Guard VTS Training Program at MITAGS-PMI
- Seattle Traffic Notice January/February 2019
- PRESS RELEASE MITAGS-PMI Expands Capabilities on their East and West Coast Campuses.
- MITAGS-PMI STCW Revalidation / Refresher and Upgrade Courses Available Now
- MITAGS-PMI Fremont Merger
- MITAGS-PMI'S NSAP is the 2017 Winner of the Plimsoll Award for Outstanding Service
Radar Observer Recertification (ROR-1)
The Radar Observer Recertification course (MITPMI-402) is designed to provide mariners with refresher training in radar plotting, navigation, and collision avoidance, and document the student’s demonstration of the knowledge, skills, and abilities regarding the operation of commercial marine radar in accordance with the training objectives stated in 46 CFR Part 10.305, Licensing of Maritime Personnel. This course is designed for mariners desiring to renew their radar observer endorsement. It meets the requirements of 46 CFR 11.480(d) for renewal of a radar observer endorsement.
Please note that the course is often offered "on demand" at MITAGS during evenings (depending on instructor availability). If you are enrolling in another course, please request an evening radar on your application to Admissions. Also ask Admissions to keep you informed of any unpublished weekend offerings.
Prerequisites- Radar Observer Unlimited.
Suggested Courses/Skills- See NVIC 0214.
What You Will Learn
Upon completion of the (ROR) course, including simulation and classroom lectures, the student will be able to demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities as outlined below. Training Objectives include, but are not limited to:
This course satisfies the following STCW95 and CFR training requirements:
What You Should Bring
Select the course date from the list below